Brackett Green® Dual Flow Traveling Band Screens
Highly refined through decades of experience, the Brackett Green Dual Flow Traveling Band Screen range can efficiently remove large volumes of debris and protect downstream equipment for cooling water, drinking water and wastewater applications.
The Brackett Green Dual Flow Traveling Band Screen is a fully automated 24-hour debris collection, conveyance and discharge solution that provides maximum throughput and the highest debris-capture ratios in the industry.Contact an Expert
The Brackett Green Dual Flow Traveling Band Screen offers maximum throughput and the highest debris-capture ratios in the industry, supplied in pre-assembled sections enabling a swift, risk-free installation directly into the screen chamber.
The S.I.M.P.L.E.® (Stabilised Integrated Marine Protection Lifting Environment) Fish Handling Screen can be integrated into the Brackett Green Dual Flow Traveling Band Screen, allowing the system to safely recover and return marine life in compliance with environmental legislation and best practices.
Ovivo offers pre-engineered and customisable designs for new installations, as well as conversion options for existing through-flow wastewater and cooling water intakes.
Additional features and benefits include:
- Converged discharge flow pattern provides reduced footprint
- Designed to maintain operability during and after extreme high load applications, such as extreme debris influx, jellyfish attack or seismic events
- Enabled to allow remote digital monitoring and diagnostics from a mobile phone, tablet or PC
- Low noise operation for urban sites
- Zero carryover of debris
- Compatible with S.I.M.P.L.E. Fish Handling Screen
Zero Carryover of Debris
Water enters either side of the screen and flows through the endless band of mesh panels to the inside of the screen. Any debris captured on the outside of the mesh panel is raised to deck level by a shaft-mounted electric drive unit and ejected directly into the debris gulley by a high-pressure washing system.
In the event that marine life is present in the intake, the Brackett Green Dual Flow Traveling Band Screen can be designed to incorporate the S.I.M.P.L.E.® Fish Handling Screen. This gently collects marine fish in rotating buckets, integrated to each mesh panel, where they are raised to deck level and safely discharged directly into a dedicated fish trough with a low-pressure washing system.
The main chain guides and head frame assembly, complete with drive gear, are supported by a fabricated steel frame, which is assembled in sections and installed directly into the screen chamber.
The Brackett Green Dual Flow Traveling Band Screen has been successfully installed in hundreds of applications worldwide, and refined through years of experience, resulting in a patented product that is designed to include the following customer benefits:
- Environmental compliance (EPA 316(b) compliance)
- Flow capacity within the range of 0.5-20 m3/sec (10–45 MGD)
- Effective widths up to 5 m (16.4 ft)
- Fully customisable for depths up to 30 m (98.4 ft)
- Mesh aperture sizes 2-15 mm (1/16-5/8 in)
- Zero carryover of debris
- Fully customisable range of materials in steel and stainless steel