Treated wastewater can be used for a variety of applications, including potable reuse. Tertiary Membrane Systems present a reliable solution, particularly in an environment of stringent regulations.
Silicon Carbide (SiC) membranes are at the heart of Ovivo’s ultraBLOX technology. SiC is a unique material that is naturally hydrophilic, chemically inert, and extremely tough, allowing it treat challenging waste streams while producing a high effluent quality.Learn More
Ultrafiltration SiC membranes, with their 0.1μm pore size, create a physical barrier preventing bacteria, suspended solids, and pathogens from passing through, producing reuse quality effluent with limited disinfection needs. With in-line coagulant dosing, heavy metal and phosphorus removal can be also achieved.
For small flows (<1MGD), pre-engineered plug and play plants are available. While customised solutions can be provided for large flows (>1MGD). ultraBLOX systems can also be retrofitted into existing infrastructure, thus reducing total project costs.
Other features and benefits include:
- Robust, chemical resistant membrane system with ability to combat fouling due to algae, EPS and other difficult compounds found in tertiary applications
- Extremely high fluxes of 3-5 times traditional polymeric membranes results in one third of the footprint
- Reliably produce consistent reuse quality effluent
- Greater treatment capabilities to address emerging contaminants of concern (COCs)
- Automatic operation with remote monitoring and operation capability
- Ultra-low phosphorous capabilities as well as heavy metal removal
- Easy to retrofit in existing infrastructure
- Reduced downstream reverse osmosis costs for advanced reuse applications
Secondary effluent is mixed with a coagulant, for binding the organics, and fed directly to the UF SiC membranes. The UF system is a light vacuum driven process utilizing 0.1μm SiC membranes that operate at very high flux. The membranes create a physical barrier against suspended solids, bacteria and other pathogens, producing high-quality effluent.
The system is connected to Ovivo’s digital solutions, which allow users to remotely monitor live data and control the system, ensuring reliability of operation.
Automatic backwash cycles using permeate are required for sustained membrane performance. Automatic Clean in place (CIP) using either bleach, caustic or acid is performed as needed.
Material: Silicon Carbide
Pore Size: 0.1 µm
|Parameters||Typical Values||Achievable Values|
|BOD5||< 2.0 mg/l||Non-Detect|
|TSS||< 2.0 mg/l||Non-Detect|
|Total Phosphorus (TP)||< 0.1 mg/l||< 0.02 mg/l|
|Turbidity||< 0.1 NTU||<0.05 NTU|
|Fecal Coliform||< 2.2 CFU/100ml||Non-Detect|