EloVac-P is a modular, plug-and-play phosphorus sequestration system that improves sludge dewaterability, increases cake solids percentage and reduces polymer consumption.
The inherent vacuum based, low energy operation of the EloVac-P coupled with enhanced biogas and carbon dioxide capture, enables energy positive operation and can help reduce a plant’s carbon footprint, while simultaneously producing a higher value biosolids cake product.
The EloVac-P is a fully engineered, plug-and-play system that provides multiple benefits in addition to phosphate management across the plant, such as:
- Reduced Phosphate by 80 to 95 percent in the return load to the head of the plant
- Improved dewatering by up to 5 percent
- Reduced polymer consumption by up to 20 percent
- Reduced downstream struvite scaling
- Low footprint and plug-and-play nature help reduce overall project costs
- Completely skid-mounted
- Additional biogas capture leading to energy positive operation
The EloVac-P is a continuous flow, skid-mounted system for controlled struvite precipitation using magnesium chloride.
Sludge is fed continuously to the degassing reactor. A vacuum pump extracts the methane and carbon dioxide from the digested sludge to raise the pH in the reactor. The vacuumed gas enables an energy-positive operation by capturing additional biogas, while reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Magnesium chloride is added to the digested sludge in the reactor and with the higher pH, controlled struvite precipitation takes place. Continuous discharge of degassed sludge with the precipitated struvite to dewatering.
EloVac® is a registered trademark of ELIQUO Water Group GMBH