Ovivo goes Private
As of Sept. 16, 2016, a new chapter began for Ovivo. We are gone private. Ovivo is now owned by two financially strong companies; Skion @ 70%, and Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec (CDPQ) @ 30%. You may already know that CDPQ, one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers with over CAD254 Billion in assets, owned a position in Ovivo. Skion GmbH (www.skion.de) is a German investment fund which is owned by entrepreneur, Ms. Susanne Klatten, the anchor share holder of BMW. Her vision is to make the world a better place by providing clean water and protecting this limited and vital resource by better water management, recycling, reusing, better treatment, and better protection of our environment.
We believe that this acquisition is an excellent opportunity for Ovivo, our sales network, and our customers. It will allow us to accelerate our growth plan and transform Ovivo into a world leader in water treatment.
- We will continue to operate as a standalone and autonomous company, in fact there will be no changes to our day to day business model.
- The current management team remains in place.
- We will be able to leverage SKion’s water treatment expertise with its other portfolio companies, which include Eliquo Water Group, EnviroChemie, Evodos, Microvi, Miranda and Paques.
- We will also benefit from SKion and CDPQ’s considerable financial and strategic resources to take Ovivo to a new level and realize its full potential.
- Finally, the private-company profile will be a good fit for Ovivo, as it will enable us to better navigate through the cycles of the water treatment market and to focus and invest on projects that have a long-term horizon, invest even further in innovation, talent recruitment, market development and new business & technology acquisitions.
We are very excited by this major and positive development. We look forward to working with such quality owners with strong financial capabilities, commitment to water business, and a long term vision to support Ovivo’s development, while preserving our autonomy and our entrepreneurial spirit. You may find more details on our website.
Sr. VP- Energy Group